Rather than building each session on your event’s agenda manually, you can now upload a .CSV agenda to instantly create many sessions for your virtual, hybrid, or in-person event.
BigMarker has worked to simplify the session creation process. This new tool is especially helpful for Summits or Series that have dozens of sessions.
Previously, Event Producers would have to build out each session manually for virtual, hybrid or in-person events or webinars. Now, you’re able to do it all at once. And, if there are bulk changes that need to be made, the Agenda Uploader Tool allows you to simply upload one document with the changes and saves you from editing session by session.
Note: this tool is available for BigMarker admins only and must be activated on your channel by your BigMarker Account Manager.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to upload sessions using a .CSV from Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
1. From your Event Admin Sessions page, click Download Session List from the top right corner.
An Excel document will download, with the first two rows filled out with information. If you’ve already created sessions, you’ll notice that those sessions have been downloaded as well. In the examples below, you’ll see similar information, and you’ll also see that the columns are formatted with the information they need in order to upload sessions.
Formatting and Exporting your .CSV file so it’s ready to upload to BigMarker:
The columns of the .CSV file should align with the following list. So if you are planning to build your event’s agenda by uploading a list, you’ll need to have your agenda formatted in an Excel or Google Sheets spreadsheet, with the following column headers:
- Active/Ignore: Use “Ignore” for rows to ignore when uploading, and “Active” for rows to include when uploading.
- Session ID: Unique identifier of a series session, if left blank during upload a new session will be created.
- Webinar ID: Unique identifier of a webinar, if left blank during upload a new webinar will be created.
- Session Title
- Session Start Time
- Session Description
- Event Type: Virtual Only, In-person Only, or Hybrid
- Webinar Type: Live or On Demand
- Webinar Template ID: ID of Webinar Template to copy during creation (leave blank to create default webinar)
- Agenda Series ID: ID of agenda series this session to which this session belongs
- Session Duration: Session duration in minutes (example: 210)
- Presenter Emails: Comma-separated list of presenters' emails
- Registration Check Series: Comma-separated list of series' Webinar ID's
The last 3 fields are not editable: Webinar Manage Link, Webinar Share Link, and Session Exit URL. These fields will populate upon upload.
To export your agenda in .CSV format from Microsoft Excel, click File > Save As… then select Comma Separated Values (.csv) as the file format.
To export your agenda in .CSV format from Google Sheets, click File > Download… then select Comma Separated Values (.csv) as the file format.
2. Now that you’ve completed your .CSV file with all the required fields, you’ll upload the .CSV back into BigMarker by clicking on the blue Add Session button at the top right side of the page.
3. You’ll select Create/Update Sessions from .CSV or Excel File, then click the Upload button to select your desired Excel or .CSV file from your computer. Once you’ve uploaded your file, Save & Exit.
NOTE: If you have a larger file that you’re uploading, the uploader can take some time to process. A couple of minutes is not uncommon for a large list.
4. You’ll see now that your sessions have been uploaded into your BigMarker Event via the Agenda Uploader. You can manage each session via the Manage button on the right side of the screen. You can also delete the sessions at your discretion using the kebab menu (three dots) next to the Manage button.
Tip: if you have updates to your agenda, you can re-upload an updated .CSV and the new version will overwrite your previous one.