Registrants come before attendees: they have registered to your event with the intent on attending
Every event needs attendees. Before they are officially attending your event, they have registered with the intent on attending.
On the Manage Webinar Registrations section, you will be able to view and manage your registrant's information.
Right off the bat, you'll be able to view a quick overview of your event's registrants. You are able to search for specific registrants, download an Excel spreadsheet of analytics, add registrants manually or through CSV files and more.
Adding Registrants to your Event
You can use either BigMarker to register your registrants to your event, or opt for your own integration/custom registration outside our platform. That is okay! You can add your registrants into your event two ways: Manually or CSV/Excel File. Start off by clicking Add Registrants, where the popup image below will populate.
For Manual Registration: Add their first name, last name and email address. Click add more... to add more fields for registrants or click Add Registrants.
For CSV/Excel File Registration: Click Upload CSV file and select and upload the file that holds all your registrants. File format needs to follow:
After adding your registrants to your event, you are able to view and manage them. You can immediately see their name, email address, the source in which they registered through, the date and time of their registration, and an option to view more details. Click View to view more registrant data.
When viewing a registrant's detailed information, you are able to see:
- Their custom user ID
- Personalized Link
- Member ID (BMID)
- Data Mapping fields
- Custom Registration Fields with answers
- Referral Domain
- Tracking/UTM Codes
- If any tickets were purchased
- Dial-in Code
Additionally, there are some action items down below. You can: delete the registrant, cancel their registration, edit their registration, resend a confirmation email, and add them as a test registrant (learn more about test registrants here).
Editing a registrant will allow you to change their: name, email address, answers to custom registration fields and add answers to UTM codes. You can Save any changes or exit out by clicking the X in the top right hand corner.
After a registrant has registered, they will be taken to your event's confirmation page and receive a registration confirmation email.
How many people can register to my event?
Free sessions can have unlimited registrants. There is no limit on the number of people who can REGISTER for your webinar, but there is a limit on the amount of people who can ATTEND your webinar if you are hosting a free session. The number of attendees (or "seats in your session") and how many tickets you can sell for your event is based on the BigMarker plan you chose.
You will not be able to collect registrations past the number of seats you have in your webinar room once you enable payments for your webinar.
Is it possible to collect registrations on my own website?
- Yes! You have three ways of doing this:
- Widgets: Through our registration widget you can use to embed registration on your website. Edit/set-up your widget and get the embed code to embed onto your website.
- Integrations: You can pass registration data back to BigMarker using a direct integration or a Zapier integration. Other BigMarker integrations include: ActiveCampaign, Authorize.net, Calendly, Constant Contact, Dropbox, Drip, Eloqua, Google Analytics, HubSpot, Infusionsoft, Instapage, MailChimp, MailerLite, Mandrill, Marketo, Moosend, Salesforce, Thinkific, ThriveCart, Unbouce, Webhooks, and Zapier.
- API: You can build your own custom registration form on your own website, then pass the registration data back to BigMarker using our APIs. View our API documentation here.
For my event, can I link to an external registration site?
- Yes! You can do this by going to the Edit section of your event, under Advanced Settings and enter in the external registration URL in External Registration Link.
When do registrants receive emails on registration confirmation and event reminders?
- You can create, schedule, customize, and add invitations, reminders, and general emails (alerts, updates, announcements) within the Emails & Invitations section of the Webinar page. Learn more here.
Can I resend confirmation emails to registrants who did not receive them?
- Yes! When viewing your registrants detailed information, you can click Resend Confirmation Email to resend to them. Make sure they check any spam folders in case it went to that inbox. Another way is to email them their personalized URL if they are still not receiving the confirmation email.
To those registrants who may have forgotten they have already registered to your event, you can set your landing page to notify them that they already registered. On your event's Edit section, under Advanced Settings, you can enable on Resend Confirmation Email so that registrants who are trying to re-register to your event with the same email address will get notified that they have already registered and get another registration confirmation email
Important! When registrants receive multiple registration confirmation emails, they should follow the one that was most recently sent.
How do I cancel a registrant's registration?
- On a registrant's detailed view, you can click Cancel Registration to cancel their registration or Delete Registration to delete their registration entirely from your event. Want to view a list of all your cancelled registrations? You can do so by filtering from Confirmed to Cancelled and downloading the registrant report which will show a more detailed look at all your cancelled registrants.
Important! If a paying attendee requests cancellation, you will need to contact email@example.com to cancel their registration
Can I block certain email addresses/domains from registering to my event?
- Yes! On your event's dashboard, you can scroll to the Block List section. Here, you are able to add certain email addresses or domains that will be prevented, or allowed, to registered to your event. You can also apply these settings Channel wide. Click here to learn more about the Block List.
Can I restrict Registration to my event?
- Yes! If you want to restrict registration to your event for security purposes, prevent unwanted registrants, or more; go to your Edit section on your event and check off Disable Webinar Registration on webinar landing page. Once clicked, you can add additional layers to your registration, such as requiring an email verification before accessing your webinar or only allowing attendees to register to your event after it's start time.