Streamline consistent answers into your analytics reports by creating Data Mapping, which is setting output responses from input responses that are similar, yet different.
New as of 05/24/2022: You can apply Data Mapping to GDPR Fields
We’ve added Data Mapping to our platform where now you can have input data points changed to consistent output data points for Custom Registration Fields, Polls, and GDPR Fields (to learn more about GDPR Fields, click here). For example, you can set any answer (input), such as United States or US, to reflect in the analytics (output) as the USA.
Admins have the ability to set multiple fields which display through Custom Registration fields or Polls. This feature is great for receiving consistent answers to questions where responses were similar, yet different. Overall, It’s useful in streamlining similar answers into one in the analytics.
Learn more about Data Mapping below.
How to Enable Data Mapping
1. Log on to your channel and select the Settings tab
2. Staying in this tab, scroll down to the Data Mapping settings. Click there and select +New Data Mapping
3. Enter in the name of the Data Map you want under Data Mapping Name, then click Add Mapping Content.
4. From there, enter in the inputs (potential data users would enter) and the SAME output (what you would like the inputs to identify as) into the fields. You can add as many inputs and outputs to a Data Map as desired.
5. Click Save when finished.
From there, you can associate your Data Mapping to specific Custom Registration Fields, GDPR Fields or Polls.
Adding Data Mapping to Custom Registration Fields
You can add data mapping to custom registration fields of any response type. This way, your data mapping options are not limited to just text field response types, but also dropdown and checkbox response types as well. Follow the below steps to apply data mapping to your custom registration or GDPR fields.
1. On the Manage Webinar dashboard, click to the Custom Registration Fields tab
2. Scroll down and click Add Field
3. Add in the Field Title in the text box, then scroll down and check off Apply data mapping (Transform responses with custom data mapping).
4. From there, you can use the dropdown menu to select the Data Mapping, edit a Data Mapping or create a Data Mapping
5. Click Save Field when complete.
Watch the video below to see how Data Mapping works in live action for Custom Registration Fields. In the example, the Data Mapping is set to take Inputs (US, United States, America) to Output USA:
Adding Data Mapping to Polls
1. On the Manage Webinar dashboard, click to Pre-Load Polls tab
2. Click +Create a Poll and create a poll (learn more here). Then, check off Apply data mapping (Transform responses with custom data mapping) and select, edit, or create the data mapping of choice.
3. Click Create Poll
To view the Data Mapping outputs for your polls, download the Webinar Report XLS on the Analytics & Reporting tab and scroll to the poll responses tab in the report.