Seamlessly merge your BigMarker webinar’s attendance data with your ActiveCampaign email lists with our ActiveCampaign integration
Seamlessly merge your BigMarker webinar’s attendance data with your ActiveCampaign email lists with our ActiveCampaign integration. Once you connect BigMarker and ActiveCampaign, you can:
- Upload your email subscribers to your BigMarker event invitation and/or registration lists
- Export your BigMarker event’s registrant, attendee, no-show and recording viewer data to your ActiveCampaign email lists
- Add new registrants and recording viewers to your ActiveCampaign email lists automatically.
Set up your ActiveCampaign integration in five easy steps:
- Log into your webinar and select the Integrations tab. Select ActiveCampaign.
2a. Sync BigMarker with ActiveCampaign: Under ActiveCampaign account, enter the URL and API key of your ActiveCampaign account into the following prompts. If you don’t know how to find these credentials within your ActiveCampaign accounts, go to the next step. If you have your URL and API key, skip to step 3.
2b. Log into your ActiveCampaign account. In the left-hand menu, select Settings.
2c. In the left-hand drawer that opens, select Developer.
2d. Under API Access, your URL and API Key will appear. Copy these links to your clipboard, return to Step 2a, then paste each into the matching prompts.
3. Import Settings: Under Which ActiveCampaign list would like to import?, select the ActiveCampaign email list from which you’d like to import subscribers into BigMarker. (Once your BigMarker and ActiveCampaign accounts are synced, all of your ActiveCampaign account’s lists will appear in this dropdown.)
You can import these contacts into a few different lists on your BigMarker account.
Click Import to BigMarker Invitation List to add these contacts to your webinar’s invitation list. Once these contacts are added, you can send these people invitations to your webinar with BigMarker’s automated email suite.
Click Import as Registrants to add these contacts to your webinar’s registration list.
Click Save Import Settings to complete.
4. Export Settings: Next, export your webinar’s registrants, attendees, no-shows and recording viewers to your ActiveCampaign email lists.
Assign each of these groups one of your pre-existing ActiveCampaign lists by selecting that list in the dropdown that follows.
So for instance, if I wanted to add my event registrants to my Main Subscriber list in ActiveCampaign, I’d select “Main Subscriber list” in the dropdown next to “Registrants,” and under ...To ActiveCampaign List.
Note: If you have not created your desired ActiveCampaign list or tag yet, open a new tab, create that list in ActiveCampaign, then return to this step and click Refresh lists and tags, located at the bottom of this box in blue text.
Add a pre-existing ActiveCampaign tag to each of these groups (I.e., “event registrant”) by using the matching dropdown.
So if I wanted to add the “event registrant” tag to my webinar registrants, I’d find the Registrants row, then the dropdown under Apply ActiveCampaign tab on the right-hand side of that row. In that dropdown, select “event registrant.”
You can also add new recording viewers and webinar registrants to your ActiveCampaign email lists automatically by ticking the matching checkboxes.
5. Map Data Fields: Finish by matching data fields in your BigMarker account to their counterparts in ActiveCampaign. This ensures that each data field in BigMarker is saved under the right data field in ActiveCampaign. So if I saved my webinar names as %Webinar Title% in ActiveCampaign, I’d type %Webinar Title% in the box next to webinar title.
Note: Custom registration fields will appear here. To add these fields as personalized tags to your ActiveCampaign contacts, log in to ActiveCampaign. Go to Forms, choose Manage Fields, then click New Custom Field. Once created, copy and paste the %PersonalizationTag% in the ActiveCampaign text field above.
You cannot use %PHONE% as tag, as this tag is an ActiveCampaign default tag.