Facilitate greater audience engagement and interaction by allowing your attendees to share their own screens and presentation materials during sessions
Hosts now have the option to allow attendees to share their own screens and slide decks during sessions, which facilitates greater audience engagement and interaction. Once this feature is active, attendees can share PDF presentations and their own screen using the multimedia control panel on the top of the webinar room screen, in the same way that presenters and admins share their screens/slides.
How can I allow attendees to share their screens and slides during a session?
1. Log in to your webinar and select the Edit tab.
2. Staying in the Edit tab, scroll down and locate Room Controls Permissions.
3. In Room Controls Permissions, Attendees can share mics and webcams or Free for all. The former allows attendees to use their microphones and webcams but blocks them from admin capabilities like muting others or ending the webinar.
The Free for all option gives all attendees admin-level privileges, which will allow them mute or kick out other attendees or even end the webinar (So take caution when enabling this feature.)
4. Once you've selected your room control permissions, a checklist of attendee sharing options will appear. Within this display, choose one or more of the following features:
- Allow attendee to share slides: Attendees can upload a PDF slide deck and share it during the session.
- Allow attendee to share screen: Attendees can share their screens during the session.
- Prompt attendee to share camera and mic on enter: When this feature is active, attendees are given the option to activate their microphone and/or webcam while they are entering the webinar room.
4b. Hosts can prompt incoming attendees to turn on their webcam or microphone using one of two displays (These options are described below.). If you want to ask attendees to share their webcams and/or microphone while they are entering the webinar room, choose your preferred display below prompt attendee to share camera and mic on enter. Click save to complete.
4c. The simple view prompts users to turn on their audio and video in the video playback shown below. Users click the microphone and camera icons, respectively, to turn their audio and video on.
The advanced view prompts users to choose their audio source, then test their audio and video, before continuing to the webinar.
Users can turn on, then test, their audio and video by switching the respective toggles below.