Presenters are able to enter the session as an attendee, giving them less ability to control the session when live and also view the session from an attendee's perspective.
We’ve released a new presenter permission level: Enter as Attendee. When this is enabled, presenters enter the session as an attendee, giving them less ability to control the session while it is live.
Under this access level, presenters can use their microphones to present to the whole webinar room, but they cannot:
- Adjust any settings within the Control Panel
- Use their cameras without permission from the host (webcast mode only)
This prevents presenters from changing settings or manipulating the session while it is live, thus giving hosts an additional layer of security for their live events and automated booths.
In this article, learn how to change the permission level of your presenters to Enter As Attendee.
Note: This permission level is not available for admins on the BigMarker channel hosting the session. That is, an admin on a channel hosting a session cannot set their access level to Enter As Attendee.
How to Set Presenters to Enter as Attendees in their Presenter Profile
- Log in to your webinar and select the Presenters tab.
- In this tab, you’ll find a list of all presenters that have been added to your BigMarker session. In each presenter’s profile, you can change their access levels.
If you have already added your presenter to your session, select the blue Edit Presenter link, located on the bottom of their presenter profile.
If you haven’t already added your presenter to your session, select the blue Add New Presenter button, create a profile for that person, then return to this step.
- In the presenter’s profile, select the Enter as Attendee checkbox under the Permissions.
- Press Save Changes to complete.