Stream your BigMarker webinars to Facebook or YouTube. This allows you to share your webinar content directly with your social media audience, no middle man or extra registration links required.
Live Streams include many of the same features as other BigMarker webinars, including:
- HD Audio & Video
- HD Screen sharing
- No limit on presenters
- Website embeds
- Call to Action Pop ups
- Public and private chat
- Q&A and upvoting
- Polls, quizzes and handouts
You can also host your live stream in webcast or interactive mode.
- Webcast mode displays all media at a slight delay to ensure maximum compatibility for attendees across all devices and internet connections. By default, webcast mode is required for sessions with 50 or more participants in the live webinar room.
- Interactive mode is best suited for meetings, town halls and other real-time events where audience members participate with mics + webcams. Presenters and attendees will both see the default webinar room, and there is no delay, allowing for seamless audience participation.
Better yet, you can set up your stream in a matter of minutes following the steps below.
Note: You will conduct your stream and control your audio/video settings within your BigMarker webinar room, but the BigMarker platform will not be visible to your participants.
Table of Contents
Create a Live Stream on BigMarker
1. Create a Live Webinar, and in the Edit tab, enable on Webcast Mode.
Remember that webcast mode broadcasts media on a slight delay to ensure that the session is compatible for attendees across various internet connections, whereas interactive mode is shown live to ensure that every person in the webinar room can use their mics and cameras to participate in live conversions.
By default, live streams are automatically run in webcast mode once registration reaches 50 people. However, you can choose to make it required or optional for all attendees using the prompts below. So if you plan to host a 20- to 30-person meeting in which everyone in the live webinar room will participate, you may consider selecting Optional so that each guest can use their mics or cameras in Interactive Mode.
Note: If you do select Optional, webcast mode will be automatically required if registration reaches 250 attendees.
How to Begin a Live Stream
1. Three hours before your live stream's scheduled start time, you can enter the webinar room to practice, test your audio and video settings, etc. Enter the webinar room by pressing Enter Studio or Enter Webinar in the blue banner along the top of your screen.
2. Once you've entered the webinar room, click Go Live in the upper right corner of your screen to initiate a live stream to Facebook or YouTube.
How to Stream to Facebook Live
1. Click Go Live on the top control panel. From there, you will see Facebook Live enabled off. Click the wheel icon, and you will be redirected to enter in a Facebook Live Server URL and Stream Key. You can change the Page Name if desired.
2. Log into the Facebook account that will host your stream.
3. On your homepage, click Live Video.
4. Select Create a live video event where people can respond to your event. In the left hand tool bar, you can choose where to post your live stream.
5. Once you have selected Create a live video event, you will need to input the customizable options for your event. When finished, click Create Event. Facebook will let you know that your event was successfully created, where then you can setup your live video.
6. From there, you will be redirected to where you can setup your streaming software service. Under select a video source, click streaming software. From there, you will have access to the Stream Key and under Advanced Settings, the Server URL. Copy and paste those from Facebook into the BigMarker Go Live section. Click Connect Stream Key when finished. Click Delete Stream Key to delete the live stream.
Note: When deleting a Stream Key, it will delete the Stream Key entirely, not just end the stream key
7. When that stream key is connected, you will be redirected back to main Go Live page, where you can enable ON Facebook Live. Toggle Facebook Live to ON and start your Facebook Live stream.
Watch the video below to see this in live action:
To end the Facebook Live Stream, click back to the Go Live section and toggle Facebook Live to OFF.
How to Stream to Youtube Live
1. On YouTube, click the camera icon in the top right hand corner and then click go live. From there, select when you would like your live stream to begin, either right now or at a later date. Following that selection, you will be asked which video source you would like to use. Select Go for Streaming Software.
2. Your YouTube Live URL and YouTube Live Key are located in the lower left-hand corner of your YouTube Live Studio Dashboard. Click the copy button next to Stream Key and Stream URL, then paste them into their respective boxes in the Go Live section within the webinar room. Click Connect Stream Key when finished.
Note: You will need to hit the eye icon to show the Stream Key before copying it into BigMarker
3. When that stream key is connected, you will be redirected back to main Go Live section, where you can enable ON Youtube Live. Toggle Youtube Live to ON and start your Youtube Live stream.
Watch the video below to see this in live action:
To end the Youtube Live Stream, click back to the Go Live section and toggle Youtube Live to OFF.